January 3, 2011

Reagans Kitchen

I really wanted to get Reagan a play Kitchen for Christmas and I found her this amazing but slightly beaten up Antique Wooden Kitchen set at the Thrift Store back in August. I knew I could refinish it and make her an adorable set just for her... I obviously needed to sand the poor thing... I spend hours trying to sand it by hand on my own... But it seemed that over it's many years it had received maybe 4-5 different paint jobs... so it was taking A LOT longer than I ever imagined...  but my amazing husband came in to rescue me with a sander and got in sanded in no time...
I Decided on a paint Color that I saw in my aunt home called Aged Mint from Ralph Lauren and decided that I was going to do the Shabby Chic look... so after i got it sanded I painted all the edges brown and waited for that to dy...  after it was dry I took a candle and rubbed it on all the newly painted brown spots that i wanted to have the distressed look. I then started to paint on the Aged Mint. After about three coats and letting it dry over night i lightly scrubbed off the paint  where i had rubbed the candle wax. and I got an amazing Shabby Chic look that I absolutely  love...  I filled the Kitchen set with Dishes and baskets that I got from the thrift store as well... I got a few pots and pans from Ikea... the kids rolling pin from Targets $1 section... I made all the food out of felt and the apron a dear friend made for Reagan for her Birthday. So it was a very inexpensive Christmas Gift but non the less her absolute favorite which makes all the work worth it.  I put it all together and surprised Reagan on Christmas morning. She LOVES it. Her favorite thing is to make everyone "cookie soup"  

    










No comments:

The Johnson Family

The Johnson Family

playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones